Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

sixphotosnuff SWS stephemeris

Potential Members: Please include a short message in your application to help us weed out spam. Please note that we ARE NOT AN ONLINE STORE.

Anticipation!

MikeMooseMikeMoose Posts: 634
edited November 2011 in General
I know there are probably quite a few threads regarding Shipping and what not...  But I just couldn't help it.  I am so anxious to receive my latest order!

1 x Poschl Bundle (Sudfrucht 100g Bag & a Poschl Snuff Box)
1 x Bernard Zwiefacher 10g
1 x Poschl Packard's Club 6.5g
1 x McChrystal's Hops 8.75g
1 x Wilsons Gold Label 10g

It shipped out on Friday November 4th, with only Royal Air Mail (I didn't get the tracking and what not lol, not this time!).  It's almost been three weeks, and I know it is not Mr.Snuffs fault, nor is it the Royal Mail.  It is probably just the fact that I live in Canada, and Europe is pretty far away LOL.  Not to mention it could also be Canadian Customs...  But anyways...  I just can't wait to get it.  I have only ever tried one Shmalzler - Snuff (Zwiefacher) , and I wanted to try the Sudfrucht for a long time, and thankfully this time I ordered it.  (Poschl bundle, with a snuff box!  Woot!  My first snuff box :-P ).
It is a fairly small order...  Personally I'd LOVE to make one last huge order...  $100 ...  But maybe when I get some more money lol.  Definitely gonna do video reviews for all of them though!
I've been going to the post office every day for probably a week now :-P , I just can't help it...  Every day I think, "Maybe it's here!" .  And one of these days, it will be !  :-D .

I've just been blabbing so I should probably stop now lol...

Anyone else get like this...?
Or does anyone have any comments on this most recent order of mine...?  Anyone try the Sudfrucht?!  How was it?!
Feel free to say anything else you'd like to say as well :-) .

Peace & Love!

- Michael

Comments

• SlideSlide Posts: 875
    edited November 2011
    I start checking my PO Box around day 5.

My orders usually take around 6 days. The last one took 13....I know that feeling of anticipation!
  • XanderXander Posts: 7,382

Zwiefacher is a halb-schmalzler not a  full schmalzler.  Meaning a schmalzler-snuff hybrid.  With Südfrucht, its a true schmalzler, but probably not the best representative of the style since it is strongly flavored and very sweet.  Its a good one to try but for me Dopplearoma D is probably as sweet as I'd like to go on a regular basis.

From Pöschl, Shmalzler "A" is probably the best representative of the style.  From Bernard, Aecht Altbayericher or Dopplet-fermentiert.  The others are variations on the theme, but all good.

• @Xander : Yes I know that :-P , I tried to write that clearly when I said "Shmalzler - Snuff"  but I should have just said Half Shmalzler...  I can't wait to try the Sudfrucht man...  And I would honestly love to make another fat order soon, with a bunch of Bernard snuffs on the list!

Thanks for all of that info too, it is cool to know these things.  I may have to order Poschls Shmalzler A, and definitely those bernard ones you mentioned!
  • furiousfurious Posts: 311
    I get ancy too being in the States. Can't wait for my orders to arrive. I am waiting on two right now!!
  • petersukipetersuki Posts: 1,072

Xander

You'd probably guess I don't use a lot of smaltzler, but for recommendations of the best of the real thing Sternecker Straubinger is the one I've settled on. Lovely stuff - a real treat when I have some occasionally.  I enjoyed your review of this on Snuff Reviews.  

I keep waiting and anticipating:  tonka, for my big jar of a plainer sort, large tub of McChrystal's SP (which I just gobbled up from a large tin)  and some pipe baccies.  Is the post slowing up already for Christmas?  (I think tonka is being used in fancy cooking in the UK.  Am I right in thinking it's banned in the US as an additive?)

• transistortransistor Posts: 1,158
    edited November 2011

I am waiting on one too for two weeks now.

Patience is not my strong suit to say the very least.

*EDITED by yours truly

• XanderXander Posts: 7,382

@Petersuki Thanks, I do try!  Sternecker is great schmalzer, very much a "no frills" brand.  Just good plain natural stuff.

Yes, tonka is banned as an additve here, but nothing can stop an individual from acquiring it and using it personally.  Some professional chefs were trying to get the ban re-evaluated a year or so ago, I don't know how far they've gotten.

• BrewshooterBrewshooter Posts: 108
    edited November 2011
    My first MrSnuff order took about 11 days to show up to the west coast of the United States, California.  It showed up last night.  So, today, I am enjoying a few new blends.  Of course, I realized I'd forgotten to order any schmalzlers and so had to put in a new order today.  Oh, and what are these Indian snuffs, better throw a couple of them in as well.  Hmm, I really could use a couple more...no, stop it...somebody stop me!!!!!!
  • hookedhooked Posts: 359
    In the words of one of the zen masters himself (Tom Petty), " The waiting IS the hardest part." My orders have been running 8-11 days here in North Florida, I'm on day10...and found the time to check the mail myself the last 2 days!
    edited November 2011

@vathek not quite but cute.

Hey I apologized for that it really was an accident and I tried to correct it as soon as I found out what happened.  I thought we were settled but I guess not...

However if you really do have a problem then voicing it on a public forum isn't the place.

• FINALLY It has arrived.  It was shipped out November 4th, and received today November 22nd, but it got here!

And I gotta say...  I'm really loving the Sudfrucht...  Been sniffing it all night.  Feeling quite nice actually...  It smells lovely, and the nicotine is getting to me nicely.  It's got a good N hit too in my opinion!
  • JuxtaposerJuxtaposer Posts: 2,892
    @MikeMoose Your pinching out of that Poschl box I take it. Must be nice.
  • bobbob Posts: 6,752
    i don't think tonka is banned unless you put it in food for sale. which makes sense with the number of americans on anticolagulants and statins.
    Is tonka bean just a primarily vanilla scent/flavor or is it its own scent?
    Love tonquin. In fact, my favorite pipe baccy is SG 1792. What would you gentlemen recommend in snuff for the ultimate tonquin experience?
  • cstokes4cstokes4 Posts: 4,626
    Apparently the new Elmo's Reserve is good, I would also recommend SG White Label.  
  • MikeMooseMikeMoose Posts: 634
    edited November 2011
    @Juxtaposer : Yes, I am pinching it out of the snuff box, and it is a pretty nice box.  But I am curious...  Does anyone else have one...?  Do they last?  I am just curious as to the actual quality of such a thing.  I hope that it will last me for quite some time, hopefully forever :-P.

Here is the video for the opening of my latest order!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZothNmwx_A
  • @MikeMoose Just caught your latest video.  The box looks nice.  I always wonder how the sliding portion will wear, but time will tell.  It seems like the perfect little box to keep in a pocket.
  • @Brewshooter : I guess so too!  I'm sure it'll last me a long long time.  And definitely the perfect little snuff box to keep in a pocket!  Thanks for watching the video by the way!
    Received my order from 11/4 yesterday. All is well with the world. One more still on its way before XMas. To those in the States, Happy Thanksgiving!
  • @MikeMoose Yeah, I bet you'll get years of service out of the thing.  As for the videos, yours were the first I found when looking up snuffing on Youtube and they were a great resource while I was getting into this hobby.

@furious Happy Thanksgiving! 
    Still waiting on the tonka, McChrystal's and some Dunhill baccy.  Two orders.  A week is a long time for first class post in the UK.  But towards christmas anything can happen. Millions of letters to Lapland.
  • @Brewshooter : Glad to hear it man!  That's what they are there for, reviews for a reason.  Not to be famous or anything, but for Education :-) .  I love to find Snuff reviews and snuff related videos on YouTube, it is awesome!
  • BartBart Posts: 1,480
    Where the heck is the new Uni-Brow Boy video, MikeM???

@vathek Maypo moment?

drop the attitude.

• LMAO!  @Bart : Sorry about that :-P, we haven't really gotten around to working on that new Unibrow video yet :-P .  Maybe someday soon when I have more time and money to do it!  :-P 

Still waiting for two packages after 10 days.  Anticipation great part of pleasure?  -not beyond a certain point.

Beware transistor, the mighty Vathek will have you hurled into the pit.  He'll do such things, what they are...

• I personally can't stand arguments...  Just kiss and make up damnit!
  • Vito445Vito445 Posts: 470
    edited November 2011
    Anticipation is nerve wracking, especially for nicotine products, im currently waiting on 10 different tap boxes

poschl ozana president
    poschl packards club
    poschl gawith apricot
    poschl lowenprise
    GH Englsih Rose
    GH SP
    GH Whiskey
    SG coffee
    SG vanilla
    SG Irish D

After i made the order i found out that tap boxes of british snuffs dry out (i have only had poschl red bull as of now) so i got an air tight plastic container that im gonna use to rehydrate the snuffs when i get them. I order my snuff from snuff.me.uk, and i placed my order on november 17th, 12 days ago, im on my last tap box of red bull and just thinking about all this snuff i cant wait to get i end up sniffing half the tin

• cstokes4cstokes4 Posts: 4,626
    Crikey, Mr. Snuff just received a lot of Paul Gotard snuffs.  I guess another order is.... in order.  
  • AllanHAllanH Posts: 1,248
    I was hoping to get my bulk delivery from Wilsons of Sharrow yesterday but no luck, must wait until monday and I'm running out of toasts! It's really cold here and I like toasts in winter. Well, Fox's sells #20 and #22 in those tiny tins so no reason to panic.
    Of my two packages that went astray, one seems to have turned up.  I'll go with my little red chitty to pick something up tomorrow.  Could be the tonka and pipe baccy or could be a large dollop of McChrystal's SP
  • I always get all antsy in my pantsy when waiting for a snuff order.  When I get home I go straight for the mail box to see if it is in there and when it is I have to resist the urge to click my heels together.  I mean... what would my neighbors think?!  hahaha
    The TAD is strong in this one...
  • MrSnuffMrSnuff Posts: 1,478
    Anticipa...............................................................................................tion
  • Mr. NoseMr. Nose Posts: 689
    @mr.snuff:  But maybe the rain is really to blame!?
  • MrSnuffMrSnuff Posts: 1,478
    edited December 2011
    haha...someone got it. 

"So come up to the lab and see what's on the slab. I see you shiver with antici... pation."
  • I am awaiting an order that shipped today actually...as i am completely out of snuff i am very anxious.
    my order includes: (All Poschl)
    4x President
    1x Gletcher Price
    1x Gawith Cola
    1x Ozona Cherry
    1x Red Bull
    1x Snuffy Weiss
  • I've placed an order for a gift to myself and I've been waiting longer than usual. I hope I get it before santa has to drop it off. I've constantly trying more snuffs and have only found a few that I favor constantly, but only one of those is in this order. The rest is things I know I need to ttry. First and foremost abraxas that I am very glad I ordered as soon as it got stocked. I also have a lot more english snuffs that I'm eager to try, especially McC's Hops. I have too much to try at once and I'll definetely let alot of them air. I'm not used to waiting over a week for snuff. I just hope that the royal mail strike didn't make it disappear.
  • JuxtaposerJuxtaposer Posts: 2,892
    edited December 2011
     "I have too much to try at once and I'll definetely let alot of them air." 
    If you are going to do what it sounds like you are I would like to stop you. I would not recommend letting any snuff "air" unless you are going to use it within a week or so. I recommend keeping snuff as untouched and air tight as possible, opening only to dish out into a box your daily serving. Of course this applies more to larger tin sizes and bulk snuff but even small tins will stay more fresh longer if kept as intact as possible. 
  • what i usually do is take one I want to try and scoop out enough for a few pinches. This pokes some holes in the top to let it breather but I only leave it open for 10 minutes at a time. A lot of cans I like to leave unopened for weeks so I continually have new ones to try. I still have a few tins that haven't been close to aired out and then I have some that are losing some flavor. I'm starting to find that happy medium. Right now the one snuff box I have is dedicated to scotches but when I get more I  won't be pinching out of the tins . I don't intend to make bulk purchases until I've tried more snuffs. I've found a lot that I like but not many that i can't live without. All my 25g tins get the treatment recommended above but I pour bits of them into empty toque 10g tins or my empty Dr Rumney's smash box.
  • Snuff anticipation is a killer! I always worry that it's been lost or mishandled and won't arrive. But so far my snuff orders have all made it intact and tasty! Soon I'm going to make my first order from Toque, bulk Whisky & Honey. Just debating what else to try that I haven't already. I'm not particularly fond of their fruit flavors, but what recommendations might anyone have for others? I have SP Extra, Vanilla (need to reorder that too), Xmas Pudding, Berwick Brown!!!, Lime Toast (exception to the fruit thing), Toast & Marmalade, Original, Quit, Toffee ... I guess that's it. Anything else you'd recommend when I order? I'm up for a short wait once I jump. :)
  • Tomarrow i am making my first order from Toque...doing the 10 for 9 on 10g tins....Absinthe, Blueberry, Chocolate, Coke, Lime Toast, Menthol. Peppermint, Raspberry, Spanish Gem, Whiskey and Honey. 
    I have so many tins open right now it is insane! What I do is toss in a moistened tonquin bean when it gets too dry.
  • I'm currently awaiting two orders coming in now.  Second time I've ordered snuff since I've started so I can't wait for new stuff to come to try.  Of course, I'm still working away on my first order, so I might have to wait a bit before cracking into the new tins.  Did the 10 for 9 on 10g tins from Toque also.  A little annoyed that of my 3 tobacco orders, thats the only one that hasn't shipped yet, but hopefully it leaves soon.  My mrsnuff order also has my first snuff box which I can't wait to get, since I've realized just how terrible bullets are.
  • My wish came true! just got my order today and boy was it worth the wait. Although I just read that some people didn't find this batch of abraxas as good as its predecessors and I've never tried it before I can't say I'm dissapointed. Its up there with all my F&T's as everything a snuff should be and even more.
  • Let's resurrect this thread My most recent order from Mr snuff. The SG are all ones I haven't tried except Richt Kind and all the WoS in 10g tins are ones I've yet to try as is the dragun, the grunt, morocco,and the Viking dark. All the rest are old favorites, some of which I haven't had in months
    1 x Wilsons Tom Buck 25g
    2 x Pot Luck Snuff 25g Plus
    1 x Samuel Gawith Yellow Crest 25g
    1 x FUBAR Grunt 25g
    1 x Wilsons Honey Menthol 10g
    1 x Fribourg & Treyer Morocco 25g
    1 x Wilsons Peach Melba 10g
    1 x Samuel Gawith Bouquet 25g
    3 x Poschl Gawith Apricot 10g
    1 x Brass Sniffer Axe with Key Ring 75mm
    1 x Metal Snuff Spoon Silver
    1 x Samuel Gawith CCC 25g
    1 x Samuel Gawith Celtic Talisman 25g
    1 x J & H SP No1 25g
    1 x Wilsons SP2 10g
    1 x Wilsons Chocolate Orange 25g
    1 x Samuel Gawith Richt Kind 25g
    1 x Wilsons Grand Cairo 25g
    1 x Abraxas Dragun 15g
    1 x Wilsons Gold Label 25g
    1 x Viking Dark 25g
  • HarlequinHarlequin Posts: 736
    .....but we have a "what's in your mailbox" thread.
  • kougykougy Posts: 364
    I can understand your feelings, waiting is really the worst thing, but when you get your order you will forget all the waiting time, enjoy :)